Since being appointed to the office of Clay County Auditor in February 2009 Sheila Ernzen
- Reconciled the County's general ledger.
- Audited every County fund and reconciled it to the general ledger.
- Implemented a schedule to ensure that every fund is audited routinely throughout the year.
- Saved the taxpayers more than $100,000 in outside audit fees over the past two years.
- Will save the taxpayers an estimated $700,000 in outside audit fees over the next 10 years.
- Made recommendations to other County officials and employees as to how they can improve efficiencies and internal controls in their own offices and departments based on information found while auditing County funds.
- Identified high and low risk areas within the County to prioritize the limited resources of the Auditor's office, allowing us to improve the County's most critical processes first.
Sheila Ernzen will continue for the next four years
- Protecting Clay County tax dollars.
- Auditing County Offices and Funds.
- Acting as Tax Dollar Watchdog - ensuring that every payment made with taxpayer dollars is made in accordance with the law and with proper authorization.
- Maintaining the Integrity of Clay County's financial data.
- Prepare the County's financial statements in accordance with GAAP.
- Reconcile the general ledger accounts.
Sheila Ernzen has these additional goals for the County Auditor's office in the next four years
- Convert all of the paper files in the Auditor's office to electronic, saving tax dollars on paper, toner, files and labels.
- Pay all county vendors by electronic funds transfer, saving tax dollars on check stock, MICR ink cartridges, bank fees and postage.
- Stream line the County's accounts payable process with no additional costs.
- Simplify the use of the County's purchasing program using technology available to the County at no cost.
Why Sheila |
About Sheila |
How You Can Help
Paid for by Ernzen for Auditor. Justin Ernzen, Treasurer.
© Copyright 2012 Sheila Enzen and www.ErnzenForAuditor.com
Web Design, Development, Hosting and Maintenance provided by TakeCareOfMyWebSite.com
All Rights Reserved
Certified Public Accountant
Licensed in Missouri
CPA License #020538
Bachelor of Science
University of Missouri - Kansas City, MO
received December 1996